CT PTA Membership
You may think as a member of the PTA, you just organize carpools and chaperone field trips. But by being a member you do much more.
While making sure they stay quiet in the back seat, your voice is being heard on all the issues that affect your kids. Kids and violence. Kids and TV. And of course, kids and education. Just by belonging to your local PTA, you're doing much more than carpooling...
Important information regarding
What's in it for Me?
What is the Membership Fee?
How do I Become a Member?
Other Membership Information:
National PTA web site's membership page
What's In It For Me?
When you join the Connecticut State PTA, you also join the National PTA. Your membership in the National PTA means:
- Making a difference in the lives of all children and youth
- Supporting appropriate legislation to improve laws, policies, and conditions on behalf of children
- Obtaining valuable information, news, and services to keep you abreast of key issues affecting children
Your membership in a local PTA means:
- Investing in your children’s future
- Communicating with local and state decision makers on issues and concerns facing today’s children
- Growing personally and professionally through leadership development
- Obtaining valuable resources and materials on parenting, education, health, and safety topics
- Uniting with a national association that advocates exclusively on behalf of all children
Linking to the CT PTA and National PTA websites means:
- Being informed and on top of key issues affecting children
- Receiving current and accurate advocacy-orientated materials, news, articles, and information
- Discussing child related issues with PTA members and other child advocates from all over the world through bulletin boards, chats and list serves
- Accessing electronic versions of Our Children magazine, which now contains the What's Happening in Washington newsletter, clip art, and more
[ Top ]
What is the fee for membership in the CT PTSA?
As of April , 2011, Membership dues are $5.50 per member. Of this amount, $2.25 is sent to the National PTA, and $3.25 is allocated to the State PTA.
- Note that local units can charge any amount they wish for membership, with the remainder of the dues staying with the local unit.
Click here for more information from National PTA regarding dues, and other frequently asked questions
[ Top ]
How do I become a PTA member?
Use our online directory or contact us at the CT PTA office for a listing of PTAs in your area. When you join a PTA, you join millions of others who care about issues affecting children.
The National PTA has local, council, district, and state-level PTAs operating in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and in the U.S. Department of Defense Schools overseas. And you can also use the National PTA site to find a PTA in your town: